Yes
rather yes
not sure... maybe
rather not
No

Hääletustulemusi kokku: 68
27.04.2011 - 14:17
Political/Economical Version in terms of:
-Trade, making money become an economic leading power etc.
-building up infrastructure and defence-upgrades in countries (somehow like in Total War)
- ...any more idears?!
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
27.04.2011 - 15:44
 YOBA
I'd love for this game to be more like Paradox Interactive's games.
I'd highly recommend them to any fan of Afterwind... they are basically a deeper version of Afterwind, in short!

Victoria 2 could be a model for this. You basically have competing political factions you must keep under check. Too much mobilisation of troops? General dissent. Too much taxation? Burghers and then REDS when communism is invented!
Be afraid, be very afraid!
EDIT:Not to mention that the game is a simulation of trade in the 19th century and early 20th century in itself! How could I forget that? You even have to BUY FOOD for your troops for heaven's sake!
Kirjutas takeanap_oleon, 27.04.2011 at 14:17

idears

Bleughh. American English disgusts me. Don't stand up for that shit, German dude in Spain.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
28.04.2011 - 00:51
It's a nice idea - It's s a reason it's been done before
Paradox, Civilization, Total War e.t.c.

Also keep in mind, that Afterwind is a Free and Browser game, and making it's gameplay more complicated not only is a very tought task, but also turn away people, who prefer to play long games not in browser
----
Very vicious moderator
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
28.04.2011 - 10:52
Kirjutas takeanap_oleon, 27.04.2011 at 14:17

-building up infrastructure and defence-upgrades in countries (somehow like in Total War)

I like this, and also the idea of researching in game technology. I.e. extra tech bonuses that last for just that game, stuff like "advanced engineering tech = +2 movement for tanks" or "rocketry = +1 long range missile reinforcement per turn"

I think these things are not going to be implemented anytime soon though, in part I guess because its difficult to code, but maybe also in part because people want fast games? Although I am not sure about the latter, because I think the Admin have always viewed the game as best played in longer sittings anyway.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
02.05.2011 - 17:02
 vbf
Kirjutas YOBA, 27.04.2011 at 15:44

-snip-

It says you are from Greece.

derp
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
02.05.2011 - 18:50
 Acquiesce (Moderaator)
Please make trade ships a top priority! The fact is, monies in Afterwind mean very little right now. In the average game I will have so much money that I cannot possibly spend it all by week 15. This a serious problem.

I propose that through the use of trade ships and other new implements, you make money matter. You can start by making units cost more and then make ways for a player to consciously make cash.

We need Afterwind to have a better economic spectrum. It's military spectrum is fine.

MMM (Make $ Matter)!
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
02.05.2011 - 21:58
I have already said it in another thread.
Kirjutas Pinheiro, 28.04.2011 at 16:36

I don't know about the others, but the I always have a lack of money even in the late game. The only part of the game where I can give myself the chance to stack bombers or stealths for example are when the game is already decided and they aren't really needed. Also considering that I'm using Guerrilla Warfare, the cheapest strategy, this didn't happen even once while using Naval Commander or Master of Stealth.

You might be playing too many 50k games or allying too much players, while having few territories. If you try to expand and use auto-production I'm pretty sure you will notice that you will lose all your money in one single reinforcement week.

Also, I can add that almost all the players I see "stacking" money in mid and late game tend to lose. Just try to check the graphics in the end of a game and you will confirm what I'm saying.

Anyway, Cargo Ships are a good implemention and I agree it would add some options to the economy, but not because there is too much money.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
03.05.2011 - 12:17
Over- complicating the game would be negative, just 1 small addition if the form of a balancing fix, this is a micro intensive game with a requirement of making strategic decisions fast, I don't see the need for macro, it would be a different game. Economy is for the weaklings anyway, men drain out the funds and go all out war!
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
05.05.2011 - 08:48
This would be good for 24h-games.
----
ROMPER UBER ALLES
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
05.05.2011 - 22:43
The game is already getting very complicated, i reckon just leave it as it is for a while, i havent even got used to the scenarios yet.
----
i know there's an answer i just don't know what it is yet
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
24.07.2011 - 17:14
I think making the game more complicated(like for the size of true RTS games,like paradox's or the Total War franchise) would really boggle the minds of both the programmers AND the players(except for casual games maybe) considering how hard it'd be to deal with the short duration of turns,although some little improvements on a bit smaller scale should do well.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
24.07.2011 - 19:35
It's simple a game, it get's boring over time. It's not addictive and you know what happens to non-addictive games...they die.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
24.07.2011 - 21:39
Kirjutas PANTHA_1, 05.05.2011 at 22:43

The game is already getting very complicated, i reckon just leave it as it is for a while, i havent even got used to the scenarios yet.

"complicated". Nice IQ.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
25.07.2011 - 01:53
Kirjutas Vafika, 24.07.2011 at 21:39

Kirjutas PANTHA_1, 05.05.2011 at 22:43

"complicated". Nice IQ.

for noobs genius
----
i know there's an answer i just don't know what it is yet
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privaatsus | Kasutustingimused | Bännerid | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liitu meiega:

Levita