uzmite premium da sakrijete sve oglase
Postitused: 48   Külastatud: 171 users
30.03.2011 - 21:34
There seems to be a complete lack of class in many Afterwind games. I propose that we propose Etiquette rules to live by and enjoy. Something to make us more Elegantgentlemen.

My proposal:
When it's been a good enjoyable game, and you're down to two people, ally victory when it becomes clear that one person is about to win.
----
Resident fa/tg/uy of afterwind.
Why can't I hold all these artifacts?
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
30.03.2011 - 21:40
If it's clear who won then I don't see the reason to ally. Being polite and treat other players with respect is enough in my opinion.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
30.03.2011 - 21:57
Dude, don't try pushing a fantasy onto us just cuz you got pwned... And etiquette is for noobs. And british people.
----
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
30.03.2011 - 22:04
Kirjutas Psychostick, 30.03.2011 at 21:57

Dude, don't try pushing a fantasy onto us just cuz you got pwned... And etiquette is for noobs. And british people.

From what I understand, you say I'm mad because I lost.

I just think there shouldn't be a bunch of people running around going "AWWW CHYEA, U JUS GOT AL CAPWN'D BEEYOTCH! U SUCK".
I think there should be some class in the way people act.
----
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
30.03.2011 - 22:45
Why the heck would I ally with him? He is dead, I want half his SP and I don't want to share the rest of my hard-earned SP from other kills with him.

When you are for the kill, you kill.

The only semi-acceptable etiquete should be that you should TRY to betray allies as little as possible. But when it is strategically much better to do so, you should also do that.
----
Beheading infidels is a patriotic duty
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
30.03.2011 - 23:05
I would say if you're in a hard fought game and you get down to two fairly even players at that point I might ally for the split victory rather than spend another hour duking it out, but if I'm a clear victor, I'll take the win or hope my opponent surrenders.

I do wonder about what the move is when you're allied with 2 players who are at war and they both ask you to attack the other, especially when all the other enemies are dead. do you just sit their? Or betray someone (and hope you pick the right guy to betray)
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
30.03.2011 - 23:47
I totaly agree some times Game ed. is verry Poor. I was taught to be fair and my play i feel is fair, I like to take the side of the underdog at times, other times i will just grow and smackdown or loose miserably. But in the end its GG even if i feel the deck was stacked.
NOW that said there is a Button in the player section labeled enemy. USE it and hopefully the designers will see some people making lots of them and watch those players ingame chat a little closer. You know put them on top of the watch list.
Pore Edicutt is a social issue and is determined by every single person differently. like burping or bowing. This is what makes up the rainbow of Human nature. But in the end You can be proud if you held fast to your belife and did not disrespect some one for poor or unsportsman type play.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
30.03.2011 - 23:55
Well i think the purpose of this thread is mor aimed at

"I just think there shouldn't be a bunch of people running around going "AWWW CHYEA, U JUS GOT AL CAPWN'D BEEYOTCH! U SUCK".
"

than his proposal, which is a personal choice. though i do think its a good way to go for future games if you liked the opponent.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 01:25
Kirjutas Silentg, 30.03.2011 at 23:05

I do wonder about what the move is when you're allied with 2 players who are at war and they both ask you to attack the other, especially when all the other enemies are dead. do you just sit their? Or betray someone (and hope you pick the right guy to betray)

I want somebody's opinion on this also.
----
CONAN! What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 04:23
Usually I will sit, if they fighting, as you call it, "as gentelmens"
Other idea is to break ally with both of them at the same turn and announce it.
----
Very vicious moderator
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 10:19
Kirjutas AdmittingZero, 31.03.2011 at 01:25

attack the stronger of the two, kill him, then the weaker is forever grateful
----
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 10:22
SIt back and wait, give money to the weaker one, watch the fireworks.

Not really a good strategy to win but it's fun and you keep your honour!
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 10:40
Kirjutas multicultiSTRONG, 31.03.2011 at 10:19

Kirjutas AdmittingZero, 31.03.2011 at 01:25

attack the stronger of the two, kill him, then the weaker is forever grateful

Unally the stronger player and weak him with your last ally, prepare a huge atack on the weaker player capital, few turns before the stronger lose, unally the weaker, declare warb on him and win alone.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 12:43
I'd stay neutral if i were allied to both of them.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 12:56
Well there are two options for me: stay neutral or attack both of them.
I don't really like to attack one ally in the favour of another ally.
----
On the cool side of Thievery.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 13:02
I support kingcows sudgestion technically your gaining sp while not risking exposure.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 17:51
Kirjutas King Cow, 31.03.2011 at 10:22

same... really fun, and also grab whatever is left in the dust of their back-and-forth.
----
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.03.2011 - 19:24
Do you get SP for giving money? also is there a thread about how SP is earned, like how many points are earned for taking a city, winning a battle in the open etc?
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
01.04.2011 - 01:53
No SP for giving money because I assume it would be really really easy to abuse that.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
01.04.2011 - 11:10
 vbf
Kirjutas King Cow, 31.03.2011 at 10:22

I did that once.

Saved India from China, preventing China from victory, and making it dirt poor allowing me to rush 50 bombers to its cap.

Fun game.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
03.04.2011 - 20:43
My only views on etiquette are do what makes for a fun, challenging, and fair game. I actually encourage people to break alliances and pull off nasty moves, so as to make the game more interesting. For example, if one of your allies is dominating the game against an alliance of weaker countries, betray him and join them; it turns the game into an actual battle instead of a massacre. This is usually the case in a Europe game where Turkey and Russia ally in the first turn, then just spread out and overrun the other countries who had been fighting since the beginning. Take a chance, do a sneaky move or two against someone who is stronger than you, and make them work for their victory instead of just outproducing their opponents. Otherwise, you're stuck with one side that's overwhelmingly more powerful makes and a very boring game.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
05.04.2011 - 13:14
The racial, comments on global chat really need to be stopped. Especially since this is a game where many people from different backgrounds are playing it.
----
Langley
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
05.04.2011 - 17:25
Racial pronoun is wrong to use, because it doesn't imply possible harm and offence like racist. Even though it is proper that they be stopped, this is the internet and you should take things lightly... Almost everyone posting racist comments is hardly a real life racist and he is more like trolling. Being a racist in real life can be extremely hard and is therefore avoided .
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
05.04.2011 - 18:48
Kirjutas Aristosseur, 05.04.2011 at 17:25

Racial pronoun is wrong to use, because it doesn't imply possible harm and offence like racist. Even though it is proper that they be stopped, this is the internet and you should take things lightly... Almost everyone posting racist comments is hardly a real life racist and he is more like trolling. Being a racist in real life can be extremely hard and is therefore avoided .

Yes but it's still inappropriate in this game, which is why penalties need to be harsher IMO.
----
Bow down before the mathmagician
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
05.04.2011 - 19:28
I'm with Langley an Alexxxxid. I'm tired of these racists and it doesn't matter if this is internet or not, racism is racism anywhere.

In many countries any manifestation of it in the internet would bring serious problems to the person. Maybe they are too much accustomed with being anonymous when they're in *chans, but I think admins and mods should demonstrate the rules. And please tell me that it's forbidden in Afterwind.
----
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
06.04.2011 - 01:30
 Ivan (Admin)
Kirjutas Pinheiro, 05.04.2011 at 19:28

And please tell me that it's forbidden in Afterwind.

It is forbidden, and we do punish for that.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
06.04.2011 - 09:07
Ok, guys, there is one thing that bugs me: when you join a game that has been going on a long time (or even one that just started), and it isn't your game, you do NOT come in and request a turn-time change. I play 2 minute games only (most of the time), and I hate it when at the end of a world game some people just waltz and start asking for 3 min turns.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
09.04.2011 - 22:42
Kirjutas BASED Ironail, 06.04.2011 at 09:07

Ok, guys, there is one thing that bugs me: when you join a game that has been going on a long time (or even one that just started), and it isn't your game, you do NOT come in and request a turn-time change. I play 2 minute games only (most of the time), and I hate it when at the end of a world game some people just waltz and start asking for 3 min turns.

I agree with this. I normally like to play 3 minute Mediterranean/Europe+, and people love to join and during their first turn ask for 2 minute turns.
----
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
11.04.2011 - 23:24
Don't ally with every single person in the game. you will look like a retard.
----
lol. NO!
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
12.04.2011 - 17:24
Kirjutas Vespre, 11.04.2011 at 23:24

Don't ally with every single person in the game. you will look like a retard.

I ally with people so I can backstab them at their weakest point but at the same time it stops them from suspecting me of betrayals.

Do you think this is improper?
----
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privaatsus | Kasutustingimused | Bännerid | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liitu meiega:

Levita