Rank 8 = Sergeant
Rank 9 = Lieutenant
Rank 10 = Captain
Rank 11 = Major
Rank 12 = Colonel
Rank 13 = General
Rank 14 = Marshall
Rank 15 = Afterwind

I think this would be fun to have as a new feature in this game. Of course, the order of the ranks can be changed according to preference or actual military rankings.

Does anyone else agree with me?
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
09.07.2011 - 13:57
I love te idea, but maybe something more like this:

1=Private
2=Corporal
3=Sergeant
4=Staff sergeant
5=Master sergeant
6=Warrant officer
7=Lieutenant
8=Captain
9=Major
10=Colonel
11=Admiral
12=Marshal
13=Brigadier
14=General
15=Legend

Theres also the possibility of more ranks being added and requirement for the currents lowered (I wish lol)
But it would be nice to have what you said done. The only thing I dont like is the first few ranks you stated seem uneeded, maybe we should have tiers just like american/british armys? For example, 1-5 be begginer, 6-10 be officer, 10-14 be uhh....commander? and 15 be legend.
Another thing, how about earning different colours for your sheild (next to your name in the lobby)? For example, begginer is orange, officer is blue, commander is green, legend is purple?
Well that was my 20 cents.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
09.07.2011 - 14:57
 YOBA
No, it would be awfully cliché. I'd rather not be able to draw comparisons between Afterwind and America's Army, thank you.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
09.07.2011 - 15:49
Kirjutas YOBA, 09.07.2011 at 14:57

No, it would be awfully cliché. I'd rather not be able to draw comparisons between Afterwind and America's Army, thank you.

Wow that sucks then. I would be honored to have the same names for the strongest military in history for a list of ranks in a game, because co,ing up with new ones leads to stupid results. rororo
Seriously though- what other military can you think of that has names globally known for ranks? maybe the romans? the brits? MAYBE the russians? or how about a mix of all of them?
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
09.07.2011 - 17:42
I'm thinking of free upgrades when you move up in rank. Maybe something as small as improved view range early on, but how about bigger rare-unit chances when a high rank is achieved, if rare units are allowed?
----
"There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made."

-The Silmarillion
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
09.07.2011 - 18:17
Kirjutas Garde, 09.07.2011 at 18:14

Kirjutas Aristosseur, 09.07.2011 at 17:22

>strongest military in history
>not spartan

>Spartans lost to persia
>US military destroyed both world empires in world war 2

300 spartans 700 thespians
thousands of persians
still better kill/loss rate
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
09.07.2011 - 18:21
Kirjutas Aristosseur, 09.07.2011 at 18:17

>not spartan

>Spartans lost to persia

300 spartans 700 thespians
thousands of persians
still better kill/loss rate

lol, true that.
But in the end, you can't deny that America is the strongest empire DEMOCRACy in history. See where im going at here?
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
10.07.2011 - 15:50
Kirjutas Garde, 09.07.2011 at 13:57

I love te idea, but maybe something more like this:

1=Private
2=Corporal
3=Sergeant
4=Staff sergeant
5=Master sergeant
6=Warrant officer
7=Lieutenant
8=Captain
9=Major
10=Colonel
11=Admiral
12=Marshal
13=Brigadier
14=General
15=Legend

Theres also the possibility of more ranks being added and requirement for the currents lowered (I wish lol)
But it would be nice to have what you said done. The only thing I dont like is the first few ranks you stated seem uneeded, maybe we should have tiers just like american/british armys? For example, 1-5 be begginer, 6-10 be officer, 10-14 be uhh....commander? and 15 be legend.
Another thing, how about earning different colours for your sheild (next to your name in the lobby)? For example, begginer is orange, officer is blue, commander is green, legend is purple?
Well that was my 20 cents.

Cool idea i sort mixed normal ranks with military ranks during the first few. Thanks
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
10.07.2011 - 18:26
Kirjutas Psychostick, 10.07.2011 at 16:12

>not spartan

>Spartans lost to persia

>what happened to last world empires being Britain and America, dumbass?

>Implying murrica doesn't own britain
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.07.2011 - 00:04
Lol no.
----
lol. NO!
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.07.2011 - 08:20
There's only ever been one truly "global" empire and it's the British.
Claiming anything else is just trolling up your arse.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.07.2011 - 14:59
French empire, Indochina and Caribbean islands with Africa in the middle?
y so selfhate
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.07.2011 - 15:51
Kirjutas Aristosseur, 15.07.2011 at 14:59

French empire, Indochina and Caribbean islands with Africa in the middle?
y so selfhate

Not on the scale of the Britsh empire. Here's a terrific wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_empires#All_empires_at_their_greatest_extent

The British were the largest in terms of population, size and global repartition. By far.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.07.2011 - 16:11
Yes, but they had no Revolution. They just exploited half civilized savages while the French were fighting for liberty equality fraternity. Also no wines.
FRANCE STRONG
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.07.2011 - 16:59
 YOBA
Actually, all of these Empires are pussies.

Only the USA can be considered "STRONG". The USA was the only great power to enter a war with other great powers (WW2, WW1 to a lesser extent) and, well, remain top dog. France, Britain and other shitty imperialist countries like that picked on savages who had no experience of combatting firearms at the time they were colonised. They really didn't stand a chance*. Unlikewise, the USA always fought countries that were on an equal footing--Mexico, Spain in the Philippines and obviously Germany in Europe. I can only conclude that USA #1 BITCHES!!! Because the USA always wins in the end, (a part of) Korea survived as a capitalist nation, natives in the Midwest have been practically eradicated since 1812 and Vietnam now exports textiles and stuff to the USA like crazy.

*Ethiopia excepted because Italy cannot into overseas wars, Mysore excepted because the Tiger of Mysore was a rad dude like that.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privaatsus | Kasutustingimused | Bännerid | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liitu meiega:

Levita