uzmite premium da sakrijete sve oglase
Postitused: 7   Külastatud: 48 users
31.08.2011 - 02:08
Hello,

Here is the background for my idea.

I'm currently re-making Gard's WW1 map into a historically accurate as possible game, starting in 1915. I've already figured out a way to make neutral countries join the war at their specific date. I've also removed airplanes and tanks as fighting units, and am thinking of a way to implement trenches (Although, without edited unit statistics, this is very difficult, but I have an idea).

Anyways, my problem is I pretty much have everything figured out, except for two things.

-Russian Revolution
-Win Conditions

Part of the problem with the Russian revolution is the team system. The Team system won't allow me to make countries that aren't a part of Team 1 or Team 2. The Russian Communists weren't on the Entente's side or the Central's side, and giving the revolution units to either side gives an unfair advantage. So, I would like to petition the devs to allow 'Neutral' countries while in a team game mode. I could see this being useful in many other scenarios as well.

The other part of the problem is the victory conditions. 'Hold x country' or 'Hold x capital for x turns' are both very exact conditions. For instance, in my WW1 scenario, I would like to add multiple places that need to be captured for the war to end for either team. Petrograd, Paris, Rome and London for the Centrals and Berlin, Ankara and Vienna for the Allies. The Russian Revolutionists would win if they captured Moscow, Petrograd and Sevastapol. Right now, you have to invade all allied or central territory/capitals to win, and that isn't very accurate. Also, separate victory conditions for the Revolutionaries are impossible.

A couple of other nice things would be the ability to pick and color for any nation from the start, and the ability to change 'Weeks' to Years, or something. Basically allowing the edit of most things in the interface. Being able to add aditional resources would do wonders for most games, in mine the ability to add 'Manpower' as a resource would give a reason to actually capture cities, but the argument can be made that this is already expressed in reinforcement rate.

Anyways, if any of the devs/mods have played the game Warcraft III, SCII or SCI, custom games, they should know that this can keep a community going for years. It also allows you to work on other parts of the game 'Like Gameplay' while leaving the creative part of the game to us.

Comments?
----
www.diplomunion.com - Games, Community, Roleplay.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.08.2011 - 03:05
Note this game isn't made for ww1 scenarios(or scenarios of any type 100%) and each are very hard to implement into the game and will surely take from other things that need to be implemented, however I think custom victory conditions might be nice.
----
Kirjutas Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Kirjutas tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.08.2011 - 08:23
 YOBA
I like your idea for neutral countries. I'd also love for teams to be able to merge at various points. But "advance joining" so to speak--countries not existing for players to pick before a certain date wouldn't work as no-one would join.

>wants to make it historically realistic
>capture Ankara
Read a bit about the Second Russo-Turkish War where capturing the capital actually WAS a goal. But the capital wasn't Ankara smarty-pants (also read up on how modern Turkey was founded). Can you guess what it was?

And this is obviously another problem. I'd like to change the capitals or at least some key cities. In a Turkish War of Independence scenario I made once I wanted to make Constantinople a DMZ as it was until the end of the war. I want to be able to disable cities and move capitals, which can also make the game more balanced in some cases (though it would seriously weaken Turkey).
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
31.08.2011 - 13:19
Guest32300
Konto kustutatud
Kirjutas Snighpor, 31.08.2011 at 02:08

Hello,

Here is the background for my idea.

I'm currently re-making Gard's WW1 map into a historically accurate as possible game, starting in 1915. I've already figured out a way to make neutral countries join the war at their specific date. I've also removed airplanes and tanks as fighting units, and am thinking of a way to implement trenches (Although, without edited unit statistics, this is very difficult, but I have an idea).

Anyways, my problem is I pretty much have everything figured out, except for two things.

-Russian Revolution
-Win Conditions

Part of the problem with the Russian revolution is the team system. The Team system won't allow me to make countries that aren't a part of Team 1 or Team 2. The Russian Communists weren't on the Entente's side or the Central's side, and giving the revolution units to either side gives an unfair advantage. So, I would like to petition the devs to allow 'Neutral' countries while in a team game mode. I could see this being useful in many other scenarios as well.

The other part of the problem is the victory conditions. 'Hold x country' or 'Hold x capital for x turns' are both very exact conditions. For instance, in my WW1 scenario, I would like to add multiple places that need to be captured for the war to end for either team. Petrograd, Paris, Rome and London for the Centrals and Berlin, Ankara and Vienna for the Allies. The Russian Revolutionists would win if they captured Moscow, Petrograd and Sevastapol. Right now, you have to invade all allied or central territory/capitals to win, and that isn't very accurate. Also, separate victory conditions for the Revolutionaries are impossible.

A couple of other nice things would be the ability to pick and color for any nation from the start, and the ability to change 'Weeks' to Years, or something. Basically allowing the edit of most things in the interface. Being able to add aditional resources would do wonders for most games, in mine the ability to add 'Manpower' as a resource would give a reason to actually capture cities, but the argument can be made that this is already expressed in reinforcement rate.

Anyways, if any of the devs/mods have played the game Warcraft III, SCII or SCI, custom games, they should know that this can keep a community going for years. It also allows you to work on other parts of the game 'Like Gameplay' while leaving the creative part of the game to us.

Comments?

mmmmk, Snigh, alot of the ideas you said were pretty good- but some of the things you said are supposedly impossible/too hard with too little benefit to include at the moment.
Now, you mentioned making a historically accurate ww1 scenario- my original version of that scenario WAS historically accurate, and wasn't "ww1", it was right before the war. But people didn't like the fact when the russian revolution happened the german empire could just stroll in and kill both russias etc. it's all a matter of balancing the map, I mean, who wants to play a ww1 scenario where you know every time you play the central powers will lose? That's why I gave you thew option in mine to have a fair chance of winning for either side. If you reaaly desperately want to make a scenario that is "historically accurate" go for it, nobody's stopping you, i'am just saying it won't be very fun for the guy who joins as bulgaria and get's tortured by some one else.

I should also mention the fact it's already pretty hard to use Germany in mine because you have a 2-4 front war to deal with from the start

All in all, making historically accurate games doesn't necessarily make them fun per se.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
01.09.2011 - 13:49
Don't worry, the map will be fun and historically accurate, =) My East/West Germany will fix that balancing issue

But, the purpose of this thread isn't to debate maps, its to discuss alternate win conditions and alternate team conditions.
----
www.diplomunion.com - Games, Community, Roleplay.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
01.09.2011 - 19:58
Guest76208
Konto kustutatud
Kirjutas Snighpor, 01.09.2011 at 13:49

Don't worry, the map will be fun and historically accurate, =) My East/West Germany will fix that balancing issue

But, the purpose of this thread isn't to debate maps, its to discuss alternate win conditions and alternate team conditions.

mmmm, as a bit of a warning: Nobody want's to play as a split German empire- it would still lose from lack of money and troops.
Have fun with that
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
01.09.2011 - 21:12
>your scenario
>balanced
It's really terrible, all scenarios are unless they are map presets.
Silly Gardevoir.
----
Kirjutas Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Kirjutas tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privaatsus | Kasutustingimused | Bännerid | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liitu meiega:

Levita