uzmite premium da sakrijete sve oglase
Postitused: 9   Külastatud: 208 users
27.09.2016 - 08:49
No Extra Cities Expansion Guide

This guide is specifically for those who play EU+ 10k games without extra cities. I have seen many players struggle with expansions in this context such as Turkey only taking Greece turn 1. I will be limiting myself to EU+ 10k for the moment, but I can expand to 15k if needed.

Opening Tips.

1. On turn one, always wall your cap.

While many low ranked players do this in some fashion, the way in which they do it often leaves their cap susceptible to getting attacked the following turn.

The following screenshot shows how to wall a city correctly:

(This screenshot is used by permission from Google Chrome.)

2. If you wall your capital correctly on turn 1, don't leave units inside it.

Another mistake often made it to leave units inside the walled city on turn 1. When you do expansions, you need to use all of your starting units that you can. This will be discussed later on when we get to specific expansions.

Expansions.

United Kingdom

The United Kingdom is a good pick for fighting a Germany or a France. The best strategy for non-premium players here would probably be Perfect Defense, so I will give this expansion first. If others are requested, I will make more.

Perfect Defense

This expansion is based on fighting a France and a Germany.

Chances are, France, if not Germany as well, will go Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg (often referred together as the Benelux). In this case, you want to make sure you take these countries so you can get the money from them.

Reinforcements:
2 Infantry in Belfast
3 Infantry in Glasgow
8 Infantry in Birmingham
2 Transport Ships and 6 Infantry in London.

Expansion:
Use all infantry in Belfast to take Dublin.
Wall London as shown earlier.

Load 10 London infantry into one of London's transport ships. Move it to the coast of Belgium and send 9 infantry to Luxembourg, and put 1 infantry outside of Luxembourg. Pull the transport ship back to the coast of London.

Take 9 infantry from Birmingham and move them to London. Then move the10 infantry into the transport ship on the coast of London. Move the transport ship to the coast of Belgium and send 9 infantry to Belgium, and put one infantry outside of Belgium.

Take 6 infantry from Glasgow and move it into Birmingham. Then take the 11 infantry from Birmingham to London. Load 10 infantry on a transport ship in London. Move the ship into the Netherlands capital. Move the transport ship by the coast of Belgium to right outside the Netherlands capitol.

Hit End Turn and See the Results.

France

France is a tough pick to play, seeing as it can get surrounded by UK, Germany, Spain, and a possible Italy. It does not have a big expansion when all four countries are present. While you could go into details about it's expansion, really all you CAN do is wall all your cities and take maybe Switzerland and Luxembourg. You could send 10 infantry to Rome and hope you win there, but if Spain is smart, you won't win that battle either. My advice for playing France is to choose Perfect Defense, wall all cities, take little countries that you can and try to survive. I wouldn't pick France though due to it's lack of expansion, it's a very hard country to play.

Germany

Germany often fights United Kingdom and France, but as mentioned earlier, France is weak so it doesn't pose too much of a challenge. So this expansion will focus on Germany's expansion to fight UK. I have chosen to use Perfect Defense again for the expansion, most pro players would agree with me that Perfect Defense is the best strategy for Germany.

A quick thought before we start:
Hamburg is Germany's only port. You have to protect it. Without it, you cannot directly attack the United Kingdom by sea (and Air Trans are too expensive).

Perfect Defense.

Reinforcements:
3 Infantry in Hamburg, 1 Sea Transports.
2 Infantry in Frankfurt.
3 Infantry in Munich.
6 Infantry in Berlin.

Expansion:
Wall Berlin as shown earlier.
If you are able to use shortcuts to get to Copenhagen (Capitol of Denmark), sent 4 infantry there from Berlin.
Take 4 infantry from Berlin and take Prague (Czech Republic's Capitol).
Take 7 Infantry from Munich and take Vienna (Austria's Capitol).
Take 9 Infantry from Hamburg and load them onto the sea trans. Move them to Oslo, and attack it.
You should be able to wall Hamburg from Berlin. Use 3 Infantry to do so.
Use all of Frankfurt's units to take Switzerland.

Spain

Spain often fights France, and should easily beat France under normal circumstances. However Spain too is also limited in it's expansion.
Spain should probably rush Rome but it may not be the safest plan. The safer plan would be to take Portugal and wall all cities, but since that is very straight forward I will go ahead and show the Rome Rush Expansion. The standard strategy for it is Naval Commander, and that is what I will show.

Naval Commander

Reinforcements:
Make 3 Sea Transports and 2 Infantry in Barcelona, in every other city make all infantry.

Expansion:
Wall Madrid from Seville.
Take all the remaining infantry with the exception of Seville and move it into Barcelona. Load all 33 infantry onto the 3 Sea trans and move right next to Rome. Attack Rome with all 33 infantry.

(I messed up my cap wall, but didn't feel like redoing expansion)

Turkey

(A big thank you to Darth. for this expansion.)

Strategy: Imperialist

Expansion:
1. Wall Ankara with 3 units. Move rest 5 starting infs along with 3 tanks to Antalya. In Antalya make a trans and 2 more tanks. Move out that transport towards Heraklion, and drop 1 tanks. Move the rest of the units into Athens. Use that 1 tank dropped to attack Heraklion.

2. Make 1 trans and 7 tanks in Izimir. Move the units out to near Thessaloniki and dock it as high as possible.
a) Use 8 infs and 1 tank to attack Belgrade
b) Use 1 tank to attack Bosnia
c) Use 2 tanks to attack Albania
d) Use 1 tank to attack Cluj
e) Use 1 tank to attack Varna
f) Use 1 tank to attack Thessaloniki
Move that trans into Athens also

3. Wall Istanbul with 3 infs. Make 7 tanks. Of the remaining 5 infs move 3 into Sofia along with 3 tanks, and 2 infs into Bucharest with 4 tanks.

4. With the 5 reinfs remaining in Ankara, make 1 Air Transport and 4 tanks, and attack Budapest.

I will be adding more countries soon. I wanted to get a few countries out there, and see the feedback I get so I can make the rest better. Please show me any mistakes I have made, and I will correct them. Thank you for reading.

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
27.09.2016 - 08:58
Is this giude for 1v1 or 3v3, sorry for the stupid question
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
27.09.2016 - 09:04
Kirjutas Enigma Code, 27.09.2016 at 08:58

Is this giude for 1v1 or 3v3, sorry for the stupid question

Not stupid question, glad you asked.

I based this off the fact the beginners sometimes play EU+ 10k FFA. Often there will be 10 players, picking every good country. So it is not really for either 3v3 or 1v1. I guess some of the expansions could be used in 3v3 as well, but it is mainly for FFA games.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
27.09.2016 - 09:10
Ok, thanks for clearing that up!
Nice thread
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
27.09.2016 - 10:42
Nice guide
2 units in London? 1 is gen. What is other one?
----

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
27.09.2016 - 10:55
Kirjutas Darth., 27.09.2016 at 10:42

Nice guide

Sentry Plane
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
27.09.2016 - 11:39
Kirjutas Darth., 27.09.2016 at 10:42

Nice guide

Lol i messed up in my thought process. I just decided I wasn't going to redo expansion. It is another infantry unit.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
28.09.2016 - 02:32
Kirjutas Zenith, 27.09.2016 at 11:39

Lol i messed up

I agree...you seriously messed up what I said for the turk expansion lol

Expansion:
1. Wall Ankara with 3 units. Move rest 5 starting infs along with 3 tanks to Antalya. In Antalya make a trans and 2 more tanks. Move out that transport towards Heraklion, and drop 1 tanks. Move the rest of the units into Athens. Use that 1 tank dropped to attack Heraklion.

2. Make 1 trans and 7 tanks in Izimir. Move the units out to near Thessaloniki and dock it as high as possible.
a) Use 8 infs and 1 tank to attack Belgrade
b) Use 1 tank to attack Bosnia
c) Use 2 tanks to attack Albania
d) Use 1 tank to attack Cluj
e) Use 1 tank to attack Varna
f) Use 1 tank to attack Thessaloniki
Move that trans into Athens also

3. Wall Istanbul with 3 infs. Make 7 tanks. Of the remaining 5 infs move 3 into Sofia along with 3 tanks, and 2 infs into Bucharest with 4 tanks.

4. With the 5 reinfs remaining in Ankara, make 1 Air Transport and 4 tanks, and attack Budapest.

Picture:

----

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
27.08.2017 - 07:12
Thank you this guide very usedfull!
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privaatsus | Kasutustingimused | Bännerid | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liitu meiega:

Levita