uzmite premium da sakrijete sve oglase
Postitused: 6   Külastatud: 142 users
13.12.2016 - 18:11
Hello to the At War community,
I started playing last week and I have several questions.

1) How to not lose your capital by turn 5? I've had that happen to me just yesterday, I was in Germany and my closest neighbor was in Turkey. It did not look to me as if he was anywhere close to my capital yet he captured Warsaw at turn 3 and my capital at turn 4. I couldn't do anything

2) Is militia worth unlocking? Stat-wise it seems quite useless.

3) How to wall properly? I've seen people use 3 militias to protect their capital for a single turn and I have done that myself but, in the same game where I was Germany, I walled Warsaw with 3 militias and put several more north and south of it so to cover Berlin from a possible attack from Belarus but, like I said, on 3rd turn the guy in Turkey captured it and there was little I could do to prevent my defeat from there.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
13.12.2016 - 18:46
1) Most troops can move pretty far in a short amount of turns, simply practice until you find out how to read where your opponent will most likely attack and how to defend it.

2) Militia is very worthwhile unlocking if you plan on playing on lower funds or if you are low on money they can give you a cheap defense, also militia usually is one of the most cost effective units in the game with strategies like Perfect Defense and Imperialist.

3) Since you and your enemy do your turns at the same time, you can in a way interrupt your opponent's movements, and he can do the same to you. If you walled warsaw correctly, he could have interrupted the units you used to wall by attacking them. The atwar community calls this a "turn block". Turn blocks are based on % chances and there are ways to increase these chances to turnblock your opponent and decrease your chance of getting turnblocked, mainly move priority, but to answer your question about how to wall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8psvjkKeZjM
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
14.12.2016 - 07:42
Kirjutas Erichv.Manstein, 13.12.2016 at 18:11

Hello to the At War community,
I started playing last week and I have several questions.

1) How to not lose your capital by turn 5? I've had that happen to me just yesterday, I was in Germany and my closest neighbor was in Turkey. It did not look to me as if he was anywhere close to my capital yet he captured Warsaw at turn 3 and my capital at turn 4. I couldn't do anything

2) Is militia worth unlocking? Stat-wise it seems quite useless.

3) How to wall properly? I've seen people use 3 militias to protect their capital for a single turn and I have done that myself but, in the same game where I was Germany, I walled Warsaw with 3 militias and put several more north and south of it so to cover Berlin from a possible attack from Belarus but, like I said, on 3rd turn the guy in Turkey captured it and there was little I could do to prevent my defeat from there.

1) Should be using a long range strategy such as blitzkrieg or sky menance.
They can be bought in the upgrades section

2) They're good for cheap, short-range defence such as the one mentioned in point 3.

3) Refer to tigerbaitlsu's statement.

If you have any more questions, please contact the FMC
http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=23253

on a side note, the definition of advice is
1[mass noun] Guidance or recommendations offered with regard to prudent action:
'my advice is to see your doctor'
'he should take advice from his accountant'
2 A formal notice of a financial transaction:
'remittance advices'
3 archaic [mass noun] Information; news:
'the want of fresh advices from Europe'
The correct word is advice, as the definition is #1, with the word 'advice' and plural 'advice'.
Note that although #3 could be correct, what is asked for is guidance and not for information or news. Also note that is archaic.
----

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
04.01.2017 - 17:56
Now I have another question. I was playing as southeast china with my capital in Shanghai. I walled it with militias and did the same to may other cities, then an opponent north of me, in Russia, sent transports with tanks down. He bypassed my wall around Shanghai and took it, thus I lost the game. It seemed to me that I barely had any holes in the walls (I know that there always are, I try to minimize them) but he took Shanghai with several transports because I hoped that the walls would protect me. Can transports ignore walls or something? It could not be wall f-ing because there were no units even close to mess with my walls and they were intact after he took my capital.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
04.01.2017 - 18:48
Kirjutas Erichv.Manstein, 04.01.2017 at 17:56

Now I have another question. I was playing as southeast china with my capital in Shanghai. I walled it with militias and did the same to may other cities, then an opponent north of me, in Russia, sent transports with tanks down. He bypassed my wall around Shanghai and took it, thus I lost the game. It seemed to me that I barely had any holes in the walls (I know that there always are, I try to minimize them) but he took Shanghai with several transports because I hoped that the walls would protect me. Can transports ignore walls or something? It could not be wall f-ing because there were no units even close to mess with my walls and they were intact after he took my capital.

your wall was not correctly made, it was either too far to the left or right or too skinny.....

maybe yours looked something like this-

the problem here is the wall is not covering the entire city so it can still be attacked, while a wall like this one below cannot be attack from any direction
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
06.01.2017 - 03:09
Kirjutas Checkmate., 04.01.2017 at 18:48

Kirjutas Erichv.Manstein, 04.01.2017 at 17:56

your wall was not correctly made, it was either too far to the left or right or too skinny.....

maybe yours looked something like this-

the problem here is the wall is not covering the entire city so it can still be attacked, while a wall like this one below cannot be attack from any direction

Thanks for helping people ^_^
----
A certain darkness is needed to see the stars..

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privaatsus | Kasutustingimused | Bännerid | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liitu meiega:

Levita