uzmite premium da sakrijete sve oglase
Postitused: 14   Külastatud: 159 users
14.09.2018 - 21:10
Introduction: If you're like me and play Ancient World map and keep wondering why the West always holds an advantage over the East, well look no further. With these hard stats i've gathered you're allowed to make up your own mind.

Exhibit A -

Key

*look to top left of the map

Regions: the collection of multiple districts that make up one region.

Reinforcement Count: the collective reinforcement count of a region.

Exhibit B -

Firepower: the collective power of a region. For example, the most effective soldiers of attack in the Balkans region in each district (Sparta (Spartan Hoplites 10/10)), (Macedonia (Macedonia Phalanx 10/10)), and (Illyria (Cavalry 8/4)), would be gathered for one single turn until it's reached the reinforcement count. vice versa for defense. With both the attack stack and the defense stack both their best assests would be taken from them to form the firepower.
for simpler example, maximum best attack units are taken from sparta, (8 spartan hoplites=80 attack, 80 defense). and so on for the rest of the districts for a single turn until it's reached the reinforcement count of that region (Balkans best attack firepower= 730/546). then for defense wait three turns then the maximum best defense units are taken from sparta, (8 spartan hoplites=80 attack, 80 defense). and so on for the rest of the districts for a single turn until it's reached the reinforcement count of that region (Balkans best defence firepower= 546/638). The two existing attack and defense stacks would then be added up to form the actual firepower of that region. (730+546=1276, and 546+638=1184) (firepower=1276/1184).

Exhibit C -

Wealth: the collective wealth of a region.

*the firepower of all the regions in the West and East are added up to form the West Firepower and East Firepower.
*the wealth of all the regions in the East and West are added up to form the East Wealth, and West Wealth.
*if you're wondering why i left out the Arabian Peninsula and Persia and the Cacaus from all three counts its because that's where most of the fighting between the East and the West happens.
p.s. really surprised how rich scandinavia is compared to the surrounding regions.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 06:32
Generally the strength of the west over the east isn't from its reinforcements (30 troops isn't that much), it's from the money...

Spamming special units >> spamming infantry
----

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 08:35
Kirjutas LukeTan, 15.09.2018 at 06:32

Generally the strength of the west over the east isn't from its reinforcements (30 troops isn't that much), it's from the money...

that's true but also you have to see the distance that those units have to travel.

Its not the same from korea to arabia and from england to arabia.

As well as europe has a lot of ports and with chaining u can get ur units to the front in 1-2 turns while to do that from the east is a bit harder as it is a bigger but connected landmass
with some regions not even having ports.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 08:36
Support for the effort and time you put in to explain this Chaos
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 08:37
Kirjutas Ghostface, 15.09.2018 at 08:35

that's true but also you have to see the distance that those units have to travel.

As well as europe has a lot of ports and with chaining u can get ur units to the front in 1-2 turns while to do that from the east is a bit harder as it is a bigger but connected landmass

when in lategame where the units come in a continuous stream would this matter?
----

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 08:42
Kirjutas LukeTan, 15.09.2018 at 08:37

when in lategame where the units come in a continuous stream would this matter?

if eu has those 500 units and asia 500 units on the frontline , eu can just chain more easy than asia and bring at min 400 reinf in 1-2 turns , while asia can bring 200-250 at max.
At the end of the day they will just get outnumbered and that's how you win any game on aw. Eu will take arabia and those cities faster and even increase its reinf more.
Once u have more production and money than ur enemy and can hold it , then its just a matter of time you win...
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 11:25
Kirjutas Ghostface, 15.09.2018 at 08:36

Support for the effort and time you put in to explain this Chaos

Thank you.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 12:01
 4nic
Arabia and iran are most of the time taken by europe early its what gives europe and edge over asia
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 13:00
Nice comprehensive breakdown. That must've taken some time.
----
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 14:49
Kirjutas Permamuted, 15.09.2018 at 13:00

Nice comprehensive breakdown. That must've taken some time.

It only took one and a half days. Thank you.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 15:17

Overall the firepower of the West is stronger than that of the East. I did include special units into the regional firepower if they made up the strongest attack or defense for a specific district. For example South China had strong Southern Tribal Warriors 9/5, but only their attack was used. But for defense i opted for infantry 4/6 ,instead of the special unit becus they made up the best defense. For Syria (Persia and the Cacaus) Armoured War Elephants made up the best defense 8/11. But Cavalry 8/4,and the Armoured War Elephants 8/11 contained the same attack. So i opted for their stronger choice and used the Armoured War Elephant. Also thank you for the money idea, i just included a new edition called Wealth. The collective wealth of a region, and at large the East and the West's wealth.
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
15.09.2018 - 21:10

As well as europe has a lot of ports and with chaining u can get ur units to the front in 1-2 turns

That's so true, I found I could have easily have hundreds of units in India before Asia has just arrived however you can chain units across the land with the ground transports too Its just not as popular for whatever reason
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
19.09.2018 - 11:19
Kaska
Konto kustutatud
Good job
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
20.09.2018 - 17:24
Thorough analysis, nice
Laadimine...
Laadimine...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privaatsus | Kasutustingimused | Bännerid | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liitu meiega:

Levita